Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan escalated his rhetoric tenfold Wednesday after he seemingly threatened to kill Europeans in "the streets" throughout "the world" if the current diplomatic row with Germany and the Netherlands continues.
From The Independent:
Turkey has been mired in a diplomatic row with Germany and the Netherlands after they banned Turkish officials from campaigning in support of an April referendum on boosting the Turkish President's powers.
"If Europe continues this way, no European in any part of the world can walk safely on the streets," Mr Erdogan told journalists in Ankara.
He added: "We, as Turkey, call on Europe to respect human rights and democracy."
That sounds like he's threatening Europeans worldwide with terrorism, does it not?
Hours after Erdogan's threat was issued suspected Mohammedans carried out a dual-pronged terror attack at the UK Parliament and the Westminster Bridge.
Erdogan encouraged Turks to demographically conquer Europe at a rally last Friday, telling them to "have not just three, but five children."
"The place in which you are living and working is now your homeland and new motherland," he said. "Stake a claim to it. Open more businesses, enroll your children in better schools, make your family live in better neighborhoods, drive the best cars, live in the most beautiful houses."
On Sunday, Erdogan said Merkel was "employing Nazi measures" by banning Turkish diplomats from lobbying Turks in Europe to vote in favor of a measure to expand his presidential powers.
"When we call them Nazis they [Europe] get uncomfortable. They rally together in solidarity. Especially Merkel," he said. "But you are right now employing Nazi measures. Against who? My Turkish brother citizens in Germany and brother ministers."
Turkey's Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu threatened last Thursday to "blow the mind" of Europe by sending 15,000 so-called "refugees" a month to the EU.
Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu also threatened on the same day that "Holy wars will soon begin in Europe."
Democrat activist Khizr Khan canceled a planned speech in Toronto, Canada earlier this month claiming his "travel privileges" were "being reviewed."
The story went viral on social media after far-left reporter Rosa Hwang with Canada's CTV shared the unverified claims on twitter from the group "Ramsay Talks":
JUST IN: Gold Star father Khizr Khan cancels scheduled speech in Toronto after being told his "travel privileges are being reviewed." pic.twitter.com/3dXFMnjced— Rosa Hwang (@journorosa) March 6, 2017
"Late Sunday evening Khizr Khan, an American citizen for over 30 years, was notified that his travel privileges are being reviewed. As a consequence, Mr. Khan will not be traveling to Toronto on March 7th to speak about tolerance, understanding, unity and the rule of law. Very regretfully, Ramsay Talks must cancel its luncheon with Mr. Khan. Guests will be given full refunds," the group's statement said.
"Mr. Khan offered his sincere apologies to all those who made plans to attend on March 7th. He said: 'This turn of events is not just of deep concern to me but to all my fellow Americans who cherish our freedom to travel abroad. I have not been given any reason as to why. I am grateful for your support and look forward to visiting Toronto in the near future.'"
As there's no such thing as "travel privileges" for legal American citizens who are not accused of any crimes, his story quickly fell apart and he responded by going silent.
Last Friday, Khan finally admitted what actually happened in an email to NPR writer Hawes Spencer which appears to have gotten zero circulation until today.
Spencer says Khan told him: "I did not want to go through the hassle of uncertain rules and capricious implementation."
It sounds like he just didn't want to travel so he made up a fake story about losing his "travel privileges because of Trump" to back out of a talk. As usual, the left ate this fake news up with a spoon.